Monday, April 25, 2011

My altered box

Yes I know, I have been slacking on my blog posts, but yes I have been getting some scrapping done. I did this altered box out of one of thoes cardboard boxes from joanns for $1 (pictured below) I also used wood pieces for the feet of the altered box (also pictured below) I also found thoes located in the same section.

Supply list
box
wooden knobs
 black acrylic paint
 mod podge
 graphic 45 paper
 flowers from wild orchid crafts
 I also used chipboard florishes
 recollection leaves
2 different trims



I first painted the box with black acrylic paint. (all sides, inside and bottom). I also painted 4 of the wooden knobs. (This box is another one I started in white)

I used mod podge to glue the paper cut outs onto the box. I also used it on the entire box to make it looks glossy, along with the feet and bottom of the box. After that dried I added my embellishments and trim and this is how it turned out.



As you can see I just hot glued the wooden knobs on the bottom as legs.


Thanks for looking!


1 comment:

  1. Your altered box is gorgeous! LOVE it! Wanna send it to me? ha ha Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete