Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Altered Prima Flower Jar....

I have been staring at these flower jars trying to figure out what I want to do with them I now have like 5 of them and really did not want to toss them, so I decided to just go for it...
So this actually took me about 15 mins and thought it came out cute I have no idea what I am going to do with it but, it looks cute.. lol
Here is the before and after shot.

So what I did was put paper around it then added my embellishments, I used string pearls, some primas, recollection leaves, prima bling, chipboard florishes and a chipboard butterfly where I painted the edges with white because I wanted it to stand out a little more expecially with the black background and the white made it stand out alot more.

As for the top I just traced the cover on a peice of the pattered paper, cut it out and glued it on the top. I used another one of thoes knobs and because there are holes in the top and bottom of them I just hot glued a brad in the center to cover the hole and I liked the way it turned out. I added some string pearls around the edge and lace and trim to cover the sides of the cover.

Here is a picture of the inside I really decided to leave the inside alone, but loved the way it came out. Now I just need to figure out what I am going to be putting inside...

Thanks for looking and Enjoy!


  1. I have one of those jars. It thanks you for saving it from the trash. LOL. Wonderful job here.....~Cherrie~

  2. I Love what you did with this jar. I have a couple of them and now I know what to do with them! Thank you!